Thursday, January 07, 2010

Jovanovic Keeps His Options Open


Milan Jovanovic has vowed to stay at Standard Liege until the summer before considering the best move for his career.

The Serbian forward will be a free agent at the end of the season and speculation has suggested Liege could be tempted to sell him this month.

AC Milan are understood to be interested in signing Jovanovic, while the player claims Liverpool and "another big European club" are also chasing him.

The 28-year-old maintains that stories of an agreement with Milan are premature as he does not want to make a decision on his future just yet.

"I will be a Standard player until June," Jovanovic insisted.

"News that I have already said yes to AC Milan are not correct. I am still waiting, I haven't decided.

"Also because AC Milan are not the only club interested in me. There is also Liverpool and another big European club.

"I repeat - my options are still very open."

No comments: