Monday, January 04, 2010

In-Demand Victor Moses Not Keen On Palace Exodus


Crystal Palace's in-demand young striker, Victor Moses, insists he is happy to remain at Selhurst Park despite reports linking him with a move to Liverpool, Arsenal or even Barcelona.

Moses, who has represented England at Under-19 level, is widely expected to leave Palace in the January transfer window as the club are looking to ease their financial problems and could cash in on the striker who has been valued at £5 million.

With five goals in his past seven games, the 19-year-old has reportedly caught the eye of a number of Premier League scouts and Manchester City are the latest team to join a long list of potential suitors that includes European champions Barcelona.

But Moses is reluctant to contemplate leaving Palace at present and has underlined his loyalty to the Championship club at the start of what will no doubt be a busy month for the youngster.

"I'm under contract to the club until 2011 and at the moment talk of my departure is just speculation," Moses told the Sunday Mirror. "I just want to go out and play football. It would be easy to allow all of this to get to me but the vast majority of it just goes over my head.

"The truth is, until someone tells me differently I'm just going to keep working hard at my game and hopefully help Palace to get promoted.

"I have seen the speculation linking me with numerous clubs but to be honest I don't take a great deal of notice of it. I would be a liar if I said I had no interest in playing at the highest level in the game and if an offer came in for me that Palace felt was too good to turn down I would have to seriously consider it.

"But to be honest, I'm very grounded and I have a very supportive group of people who help me keep my feet firmly on the ground. While I'm flattered by the interest from other clubs, I am very happy at Palace.

"Players are frequently accused of being disloyal to their clubs but I wouldn't count myself among them. I owe a massive debt of gratitude to Palace. The chairman and manager have bent over backwards to help me and I have the utmost respect for them.

"Neil Warnock has been a joy to work for. He has supported me throughout and shown immense faith in my ability. I am a deeply religious boy and a day doesn't pass when I don't consider how fortunate I am."

No comments: