Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Nemeth Considers AEK Move


Krisztian Nemeth admits that he would seriously think about making his loan move to AEK Athens permanent.

The Liverpool forward is on a season-long loan and after two seasons at Anfield without any first-team opportunities is considering his options.

Despite injury disrupting his time on Merseyside the 20-year-old is seemingly enjoying a change of fortune in Greece having scored three goals in seven league games.

AEK have endured an inconsistent start to the season and currently sit sixth in the Greek Super League, 14 points off leaders Panathinaikos.

"The fans keep telling me that AEK is a great club," he said.

"They're really impressive and certainly more enthusiastic than Liverpool's. What I experienced at the derby with Olympiakos (in which Nemeth scored) was something that I've never felt before.

"I really wondered what the fans would be able to do if we performed better in the league. I think that if Liverpool and AEK work something out, I'd be extremely thoughtful about staying in Athens permanently."

Nemeth added that just because AEK were struggling in the league would not put him off signing permanently.

"It never crossed my mind to ask terminating my loan deal due to AEK's bad performance," he stated.

"Certainly, we should be better. I'm sure that we'll get better and along with the team, I'll improve myself too. I've fallen in love with Greece and AEK's fans."

No comments: