Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Liverpool Do Not Deserve This Season's Woe - Alberto Aquilani


Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani feels that fate has been unkind to the Reds so far this season and only hard work will see things improve.

The Italian made his first Premier league start for the Reds in the Boxing Day win over Wolverhampton Wanderers, following his summer move from Roma.

He is delighted to be in action at last after his long spell on the sidelines and is looking forward to building his fitness and helping Rafa Benitez's side climb the table.

"The team does not deserve its current low standing. We’ve had difficulties, but we will come out of this," Aquilani told The Liverpool Echo.

“On my part, I am happy as I had been out so long. It’s important to play, so I can get back to my best condition.

“I have a good relationship with Rafa Benitez and all my team-mates, champions like Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, who welcomed me and helped me merge into this group. It is important we do well from now on.”

No comments: