Monday, November 23, 2009

Skrtel Pleased To Score First Ever Liverpool Goal


Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel was happy to break his scoring duck in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Manchester City.

It was Skrtel's first for Liverpool in 65 appearances, but the final outcome of the contest ensured it was a bittersweet afternoon for the Slovakian.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was very happy to score my first goal for Liverpool. I have been waiting a long time for it, so it was a good moment for me.

"I am in my third season here and hadn't managed to score until today, but I hope this is the first of many more.

"But we are frustrated to have drawn again because we wanted to win. We couldn't in the end, and we are not happy because of this.

"There is nothing we can do about the result now and we have to look forward to the next game and try to win."

No comments: