Thursday, November 12, 2009

Liverpool Defender Emiliano Insua Dreaming Of World Cup Glory With Argentina


Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua is eyeing a place in the Argentina squad for next summer's World Cup.

The 20-year-old won his first cap in the recent last-gasp victory over Peru. He is keen to hang on to his place in the team after enjoying a lengthy run in his club side.

"It was very special to play because it was a crucial time for my country," he told BBC Merseyside.

"I will never forget that I helped them to qualify for the World Cup, but I know I have to keep working hard for Liverpool first, then my country.

"It's been a very good season for me, I've played 16 games already, but I want to play more.

"I always want more, but the only thing I can do is keep working hard and look to the future.

"For every player, to play for your country is really special and I want to play in South Africa next year, but Liverpool comes first and if I play well for my club, then I hope that more games for Argentina will follow."

Meanwhile, the youngster feels that bad luck is partly to blame for Liverpool's current poor form.

"We haven't had much luck in recent games," he added.

"In the Champions League we conceded two late goals against Lyon, and in the Premier League we've conceded too many goals from set-pieces despite controlling most games.

"I think we have enough time to change things around and finish the season as high as possible.

"We just have to keep working hard and I'm sure that everything will change."

No comments: