Monday, November 09, 2009

Dossena Wants Reds Exit


Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena says he is looking to leave Anfield in January and return to Italy.

The Italian full-back has only made two appearances for Liverpool so far this season against Bolton in the Premier League and Leeds in the Carling Cup, despite moving for a hefty £7million in July last year.

Dossena is worried that being frozen out by Rafa Benitez will severely harm his chances of going to next year's World Cup with Italy, and admits he would like to return to his homeland.

"I know that three big Serie A clubs - Napoli, Juventus and Milan - are looking at me," he said in the News of the World.

"In August they just made other choices. I was very close to going to Juventus in the summer but they signed Fabio Grosso.

"I am now worried I will miss the World Cup."

Dossena became the first ever Italian player to sign for Liverpool last year, but has found first-team chances hard to come by this term.

However, the left-sided player insists that he has not fallen out with manager Benitez, and is just disappointed with his performances since his arrival on Merseyside.

"I'm not disappointed with the treatment I've had," he added.

"I know how things work and I've always behaved correctly. Benitez chooses the line-up, and I'm paid to respect his choices.

"In truth I am a little bit unhappy with my performances. They have not seen the 'real' Dossena at Anfield."

No comments: