Saturday, November 14, 2009

Andriy Voronin Keen To Prove He Can Make The Grade At Liverpool


Ukraine international Andriy Voronin, brought to Liverpool in 2007 from Bayer Leverkusen, is yet to challenge for a consistent first-team role in Rafael Benitez's side, but the 30-year-old hopes that the goal ratio he secured while on loan last season will help elevate his status in his manager's mindset.

Voronin was loaned to Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin, but amid speculation in the summer that he would secure a permanent deal with Die Alte Dame, the forward ended up staying at Anfield.

"Last season was good for me because I wanted to play more matches," he informed the official website of the Premier League.

"I went to Hertha, played a lot of games and scored goals.

"I was happy there but I always wanted to come back to Liverpool because they are a massive club. It is very important for me to be here.

"I've spoken with Rafa [Benitez] and I want to take my chance, work hard and play for Liverpool. I hope in the next game I play, I can give the Liverpool supporters more."

Benitez has reportedly been looking at winter window recruits to supplement his attacking ranks. A £20 million move for West Ham United striker Carlton Cole has been rumoured, as has a loan move for Tottenham Hotspur misfit Roman Pavlyuchenko.

No comments: