Thursday, November 19, 2009

Alonso: It's Logical I Miss Liverpool


Xabi Alonso has admitted he misses Liverpool but urged the club to move on because he is happy with life at Real Madrid.

The Spaniard’s departure has coincided with Liverpool’s woeful form in the Premier League and Champions League and although he was flattered by Steven Gerrard’s recent comments that suggested he was devastated by Alonso leaving, the former Real Sociedad star is happy at the Bernabeu.

Alonso is quoted by the Sun: “I want to thank Stevie for his kind words but life goes on.”

“It's logical I miss Liverpool.”

“I lived there five years and saw what football means to the supporters.”

“I've still got friends there. It was an unforgettable experience and I'll always have the club in my heart.”

“But I'm so happy at Real Madrid and I hope to do some important things here.”

No comments: