Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sampdoria Starlet Andrea Poli Inspired By Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard


One of Sampdoria's protagonists in the early part of 2009-10 has been midfielder Andrea Poli, who has revealed he draws inspiration from Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard.

"I know I'm young and still need to improve," he explained to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I'm also sure that Samp is the best club to help me achieve this goal. Here I have found people who are available to me and a trainer who is keen to teach talented players."

Asked who his role models are, he replied, "In Italy, I am inspired by [Daniele] De Rossi, [Andrea] Pirlo and [Angelo] Palombo. Looking abroad I like [Cesc] Fabregas, [Frank] Lampard and [Steven] Gerrard, who for me is the best midfielder in the world.

"One day I'd like to meet him and ask for his autograph."

The 20-year-old had a successful spell on-loan at Sassuolo last year and has been touted as a star of the future.

No comments: