Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mascherano Making Progress


Liverpool could welcome Javier Mascherano and Daniel Agger back into the fold for Sunday's eagerly anticipated encounter with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Mascherano has responded well to treatment after missing Tuesday's Champions League defeat to Fiorentina with a hamstring injury while Agger came through a reserve team game in midweek unscathed.

The Danish defender has failed to feature in the first team so far this term after picking up a back injury in pre-season.

"It felt good to be back on the pitch again," said Agger. "It's always frustrating when you're out injured and can't play football, so to get back out there again was great.

"I knew in pre-season that my back wasn't right so I had to get the problem sorted. I set myself the target to be back around this time so I'm happy.

"I'll keep working hard and do everything I can to help the team and get back in the side as soon as possible."

No comments: