Friday, October 30, 2009

Emiliano Insua Looking To Continue Hot Form With Liverpool


Liverpool full-back, Emiliano Insua, 20, is looking to add to his midweek goal - a sensational long-range volley struck against Arsenal in the fourth round of the League Cup at Ashburton Grove.

The burgeoning Argentinean, who has one international cap, was delighted to ripple the net in the first half, despite his side going on to lose 2-1 due to a second half Nicklas Bendtner effort.

He told the club's official website: "It was a really nice moment for me. I chested the ball down and just decided to hit it. I couldn't believe it went in but it was nice and hopefully I can score more goals for the team in the future."

Despite the defeat, Liverpool are still on a high in the league after they rectified their poor run of form with a weekend win over Manchester United.

"We have to try and win at Fulham and then in the Champions League.

"We had a big win against United and we have always had belief in ourselves. We know we can do good things as a team. We have a very good team and we need to keep going."

He continued: "It has been a really good season for me, for my club and country, but I have to keep it going.

"I know I can keep on improving and I have a lot of confidence."

No comments: