Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dutch Star: I Love Liverpool


Dutch international Dirk Kuyt has stressed how he is enjoying life on Merseyside with Liverpool despite the club’s poor start to the season.

The striker, who played for his homeland in a friendly against the Socceroos in Australia this week, is expected to feature against Sunderland despite his long round-trip and hopes that the Reds can now focus on getting their title challenge back on track.

“I am a very happy person,” Kuyt told Fifa.com.

“I love the city of Liverpool, very nice, warm and respected people. I love Liverpool Football Club. Every day that I can be there, it makes me more than happy. I try to play as good and as long as possible for Liverpool.”

“To play in England is already unbelievable, when you look at all the supporters. If you play for Liverpool it is unbelievable and the supporters are an extra dimension. I have never seen such good supporters before I came to Anfield.

“I was used to playing at Feyenoord with a fantastic crowd, definitely the best in Holland, but when I came to Anfield it was another level. It really helps us and I'm sure it helps us when we are in difficult times, so the supporters are really important to us.”

Responding to suggestions that he may eventually return to Holland, Kuyt continued:

“I have just signed an extension of my Liverpool contract so I am more than happy. I am just trying to keep going (at Liverpool) for as long as possible, and we will see what the future brings. I will always have a special feeling for Feyenoord. It was, and still is a very important club for me, but at the moment I am very happy at Liverpool.”

No comments: