Thursday, October 08, 2009

Alberto Aquilani: Medical Treatment At Liverpool Is Better Than Roma


Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has given a stinging assessment of Roma's medical staff, accusing his former club of failing to meet his needs in the treatment room.

The Italian is on the verge of making his debut for Liverpool. He may feature in their next game, which is against Sunderland, after recovering from a long-term ankle injury.

"I changed many doctors at Roma and there was never any consistency in the treatment to cure me," Aquilani is quoted as saying in Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"I have noted a big difference here [at Liverpool]. From the first moment I was told I would not be rushed back into action to avoid further problems.

"Now I cannot wait to put all my physical problems behind me."

Aquilani joined Liverpool in the summer following Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid.

No comments: