Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Agger - I Could Have Quit


Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has revealed that he considered retiring during his injury nightmare.

The Denmark international underwent an operation on a back problem during pre-season and only returned to the Reds' bench for Sunday's defeat at Chelsea.

Agger's career has been disrupted by a number of fitness setbacks and the 24-year-old has revealed that he considered quitting during his most recent injury.

"My back was hurting so badly that I considered stopping playing," he told Jyllandsposten.

"I asked myself if it was worth continuing playing. When you can't even lift your own child out of bed, then something is terribly wrong."

Agger has been named in Denmark's squad for the World Cup qualifier with Sweden on Saturday, a selection which has earned criticism from Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

No comments: