Friday, October 02, 2009

Agger Aiming For Return


Daniel Agger has set his sights on regaining a place in Liverpool's first-team after playing for the club's reserves as he continues his recovery from injury.

The classy Denmark defender has not featured in the current campaign, having undergone a back operation in pre-season.

But Agger played 68 minutes for Liverpool's reserves in the meeting with Manchester City on Tuesday as he edges closer to full fitness.

The 24-year-old, whose previous seasons have been disrupted by fitness problems, is now determined to regain a place in the first XI plans of Rafa Benitez.

Agger told Liverpool's official website: "I will keep working hard and do everything I can to help the team and get back in the side as soon as possible."

He added: "It is good to be back and it felt good to be back on the pitch again.

"It is always frustrating when you are out injured and can't play football, so to get back out there again was great.

"I knew in pre-season that my back wasn't right so I had to get the problem sorted. I set myself the target to be back around this time and so I'm happy."

No comments: