Sunday, September 06, 2009

I Will Prove My Worth To Liverpool - Alberto Aquilani


Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has proclaimed that he will prove his worth to the club with stellar performances once he is fully fit.

The former Roma player is currently recovering from a surgery on his ankle.

"I know Liverpool have spent millions on signing me but I'm here to prove I'm worth it," Aquilani told the club's official website.

The ex-Giallorossi discussed the Premier League and the attacking style of play that is employed in the English top-flight, but stopped short of calling it the best league in the world.

"It's very good fun watching it, mostly because the matches are never over, and even if you are leading by two or three goals, you still keep attacking," he said.

"I can't say if it is the best football in Europe, but for sure it's the most spectacular, dynamic and challenging.

"And the stadiums, every time I played there, they are beautiful and all have a terrific atmosphere."

The 25-year-old hailed club captain Steven Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres, believing that they will have a positive impact on his game.

"There are champions at this club, such as Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, who can make the difference at any moment and inspire the team," he remarked.

"I'm thrilled to play alongside them also because I'm sure they will be able to improve my game."

When quizzed as to whether playing in England would affect his chances of being selected to represent Italy in the World Cup, the player explained that where he plies his trade is not what Azzurri boss Marcello Lippi will be looking at when considering his options.

"I don't think I have more or less chance in the Premier League than in Serie A," he elaborated.

"I'm confident I can deliver and then it's all up to me. All the rest will follow, because only on the pitch can you give a good account of yourself."

No comments: