Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Ajax Coach Martin Jol Baffled By Ryan Babel Rumours

Ajax coach Martin Jol has taken the time to react to the rumours linking the Amsterdam side with a loan move for Dutch international Ryan Babel from Liverpool in the upcoming winter transfer window.

The 22-year-old recently expressed his desire to play regular first team football and told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he considers returning to Ajax on a temporary basis.

"I read the interview with Babel, but I am not sure what to think about it. I will not seriously consider loaning Babel from Liverpool until he calls me to discuss such a move. I will think about it if a loan-deal turns out to be a realistic opportunity," Jol quoted as saying by De Telegraaf.

It remains to be seen whether Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will allow Babel to leave the club during the winter break, even on a temporary basis.

No comments: