Friday, August 21, 2009

Liverpool Recruit Sotiris Kyrgiakos Reveals Reasoning Behind AEK Athens Exit


Rafael Benitez's steady recruitment policy, that has already seen him bring in the high-profile coups of in-demand full back.

Glen Johnson and Xabi Alonso's replacement Alberto Aquilani, continued with AEK Athens star Sotiris Kyrgiakos, and the Greek international explained the switch to his fans on his official website.

"Last week I said I was an AEK player for the next four years and meant that.

"But then I received the biggest challenge of my career.

"I fully understand it came at the worst possible moment for the team, but the fact that I had the chance to play for Liverpool is a huge challenge."

The centre-back will rival Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel for a first team spot.

Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Stoke City's burgeoning talent Ryan Shawcross.

No comments: