Sunday, August 02, 2009

Emiliano Insua: Liverpool FC Left Side Role Can Be All Mine


Emiliano Insua has set his sights on making the Liverpool left-back role his own this season.

The imminent departure of Andre Dossena means Insua will be battling with Fabio Aurelio for a place in the Reds side ahead of the Premier League opener at Tottenham in a fortnight.

The 20-year-old Argentinean has made 18 appearances since he arrived from Boca Juniors in January 2007 but he is desperate to establish himself as a regular in Rafa Benitez’s side.

“It’s not easy to play in a team which is always fighting to win titles but I’m hoping this season I can play more games,” he said.

“I’m feeling really good and I believe I can do it.

“Last season was really good for me. I played 13 games and learned so much.

“There is a great team spirit here and it is great to know you have the support of your team-mates behind you.

“Rafa is a very good manager and every day he is looking at my game and trying to help me improve.

“The manager has been great for me. He brought me here and I owe him a lot.”

No comments: