Sunday, July 19, 2009

Liverpool Starlet Daniel Pacheco Guided By Experienced Players


Liverpool teenager Daniel Pacheco has spoke of the assistance he is receiving from senior members of the squad.

The Spaniard is currently in the team for Liverpool's pre-season friendly tour and featured in the opening game against Swiss side St. Gallen.

Pacheco has admitted it is tough competing in such a strong squad, but help from players like Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Yossi Benayoun, who speaks Spanish, is aiding his development.

"I am learning a lot from playing alongside Stevie or Dirk or Yossi," Pacheco told the club's official website.

"But I have to keep working hard and try to improve in order to impress the boss.

"Every day I am learning something. Yossi has been helping me a lot - it helps that he can tell me things in Spanish. He tries to help and I try to listen to everything he tells me.

"They are very good players so it's hard but the first-team are good with helping the young players. I'm very happy to be here."

Pacheco is yet to make a competitive first-team appearance for Liverpool since arriving from Barcelona in 2007, but is regarded as an exciting prospect for the future.

No comments: