Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jermaine Pennant: I'm A Liverpool Fan And I'll Miss Club


Jermaine Pennant last night set his sights on reigning in Spain after revealed his sadness at leaving boyhood heroes Liverpool.

Pennant, 26, has joined Real Zaragoza on a three-year deal after becoming one of the most sought-after players in Spain when Real Madrid tried to sign him in January.

The ex-Arsenal star said: "Another dream has come true for me. First I played for Liverpool and now I'm playing in La Liga for a great club like Zaragoza. After a fee was agreed in January for me to go to Real Madrid, I think my profile in Spain was a lot higher.

"When that move didn't happen it got me thinking about playing in Spain because teams like to play attacking football and all play with wingers.

"The last few weeks have been really difficult. I had to weigh up all the offers and decide where I wanted to play my football.

"Deep down I wanted to test myself in Spain and I'm so happy it's happened. It's sad leaving Liverpool because it's the club I supported as a kid but now I have a fantastic opportunity and I intend to take it.

"Players like David Villa played for Zaragoza and once you walk around the stadium you realise the fantastic history the club has.

"Maybe one day I will wear the red of Liverpool again but for now all I'm thinking about is repaying Zaragoza for the faith they have shown in me. I'm so excited about playing against Real Madrid and Barcelona."

No comments: