Thursday, July 23, 2009

Glen Johnson Amazed By Liverpool Fan Support In Thailand


Liverpool's latest major acquisition has been overwhelmed by the fanfare that the club has received in Thailand, where they will play a pre-season friendly.

"It's unbelievable," beamed Glen Johnson to the club’s official website. "The lads were saying before we came out that we had a great support over here and it's incredible to see so many fans everywhere we go.”

The 24-year-old went on to speak of how the fans influence him to perform on the pitch, saying, “Of course when you see such support it makes you even more determined to do well.

"I want to play with the consistency I had at Portsmouth but I want to improve both the defensive and attacking side of my game. I want to establish myself in the team."

Johnson also commented on the Reds’ prospect of challenging for the Premier League title during the coming season.

"Last season Liverpool only made one or two minor errors and if we can improve on that, we have a great chance [to win the title]," he concluded.

No comments: