Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Real Madrid To Offer Cash Plus Negredo For Liverpool’s Alonso?

Spanish giants Real Madrid are considering using striker Alvaro Negredo - plus a considerable amount of cash - as bait to entice Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez to release midfield playmaker Xabi Alonso. Real have made their interest in Alonso no secret, but Benitez maintains that the Spanish international is not available at any price.

However, with Benitez thought to be searching for new attacking options to provide back-up for Fernando Torres, the Spanish striker may have emerged as a possible target for the Red’s boss.

The 23-year-old has enjoyed two successful seasons with Almeria, scoring 19 league goals for them last season, but Real Madrid are ready to activate the buy-back option included as a condition of his transfer in 2007.

Negredo admits the prospect of a move to Liverpool excites him, stating recently: "To play next to Fernando Torres at Anfield is a dream and any player would accept that. But I prefer to talk about reality and I have not spoken with Rafa Benitez, but I do know that some contact exists between the clubs."

He added: "My future depends on Real Madrid, but I believe that this summer I will be out of Almeria. I am grateful to Almeria because they have given me my chance to play in the Primera Liga.”

"But it is logical that I am interested in playing in the Premier League and especially Liverpool. I believe that playing in England would be a great chance for me as this league is a sensational place for forwards."

Any deal would also include a hefty price tag for Alonso, with straight cash deals of £30-35 million being quoted in the British press.

The 27-year-old has enjoyed a sensational season for Liverpool and managed to stake a claim for a regular place in the Spain midfield, an area of the team boasting an abundance of talent at the moment with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas and David Silva amongst others.

No comments: