Saturday, June 13, 2009

Martinez Aware Of Benitez Interest


Liverpool and Manchester City target Javi Martinez says he is aware of interest from the Premier League and is waiting to see if either club makes a move.

The Athletic Bilbao midfielder has been attracting rave reviews and Rafael Benitez reportedly sees him as a long-term replacement for Xabi Alonso, while mega-rich City are also keen.

And Martinez is happy to play the waiting game, although he doesn't want to burn his bridges in Bilbao.

"I know the rumours about Liverpool and Manchester City," said Martinez. "I am just concentrating on myself and we will see what happens.

"I'm pleased that these rumours are there, but it doesn't really influence my daily life too much.

"And I'm enjoying my time in Bilbao, and I want to experience playing in the UEFA Cup with them next season."

No comments: