Friday, June 26, 2009

Liverpool Flop Andriy Voronin Desperate To Establish Premier League Credentials


Liverpool forward Andriy Voronin, purchased by Rafael Benitez in 2007 on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen but failed to make a sustained impact in the Spaniard's first XI so was consequently farmed out on loan to Hertha Berlin, is eager to "conquer" the Premier League upon his return to Anfield.

He explained to the Daily Mail, "It wasn't a bad season in Germany but now I am coming back to conquer England. I'm a person who likes to face new challenges. It's time to prove to myself and to those people who think I can score a lot of goals only in Bundesliga, that it's not so.

"Liverpool is one of the world's strongest clubs. To play for it is a great honour for any footballer," he said.

"I know it's not going to be easy but I feel ready for a real fight to get into the first choice team," he declared.

Voronin has two years left on his Liverpool contract. During his one-year loan spell back in the Bundesliga he struck 11 times from 20 league appearances, contributing a host of assists, too.

No comments: