Friday, June 05, 2009

Anfield Icon Robbie Fowler Would Love To Manage Liverpool


Former England international Robbie Fowler, 34, currently of the North Queensland Fury in Australia's A-League, has u-turned on his previous ambitions of making an early retirement from football and has now declared that he would relish entering a career in coaching and management.

Furthermore, a job as boss of his former club Liverpool would be something that he would relish.

"Anyone who says they don't want to manage Liverpool is lying - it's a massive club," Fowler today told the club's official website. "Personally, I always said I'd pack in young and take a break, but the older I've become, the more I've looked into coaching or managing.

"I probably will go down that route. It's a tall order, and I'm not going to say I'll go on to manage Liverpool, but you know."

Fowler is regarded as an idol at Anfield, where he has even been given the moniker of ‘God’ due to his goal return of 183 from 369 games during his two spells at Liverpool.

The net-bulging forward is also credited with scoring the fastest Premier League hat-trick in history. On August 28, 1994, Fowler stuck three past Arsenal in the space of four minutes and 33 seconds.

No comments: