Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Silva Coy On Liverpool And Madrid Reports


David Silva has refused to comment on speculation that he will either join Liverpool or Real Madrid this summer.

Silva is one of the most coveted left wingers in world football, but he will not be playing Champions League football at Valencia next season after Los Ches were beaten by Villarreal on Saturday.

The 23-year-old has always remained loyal to Valencia, but reports in the Spanish press have long linked his name to former manager Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.

Monday reports in Spain are now suggesting Silva would be Florentino Perez’s top target should he win Madrid’s presidential vote, but the Spain international insists his current intention is to stay at La Mestalla.

"I have to be focused first on recovering [from a thigh problem] to be able to help my team and I'm not thinking of anything else,” said Silva, as Valencia prepare to face Athletic Bilbao for a place in the Europa League.

"I don't know anything about the rumours and I insist that I have a contract with Valencia that I wish to fulfil."

No comments: