Friday, May 08, 2009

Negredo Wants Starting Berth


Almeria striker Alvaro Negredo insists he will only move on to a club who can guarantee him regular first-team football.

Real Madrid, Liverpool and Valencia have all been linked with summer swoops for the highly-rated 23-year-old.

Negredo left Santiago Bernabeu for the Andalusian outfit in 2007, but he is widely expected to be on the move again at the end of this season, in which he has bagged 19 La Liga goals.

Negredo would welcome a return to the Spanish capital, but not to watch the action from the bench, while he voiced similar concerns over a mooted switch to Anfield.

Cash-strapped Valencia are another possible destination should they be in the market for a replacement for the sought-after David Villa, who is set to be sold in a bid to help balance the books.

"They are three great teams, but my first option is Madrid," said Negredo.

"If I'm going to be the fifth striker at Madrid, the option of returning will be ruled out. I have to think long and hard because my future depends on this. What I want to do now is to play, to have minutes."

Negredo also insists that will be his thought process before joining any club this summer, be it Madrid, Liverpool or Valencia.

"If I'm going to go to Liverpool and they make another signing, on top of Fernando Torres and the current strikers they have, it's perhaps not best for me to go there," Negredo said on Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

On Valencia, he added: "The possibility that Villa is going to leave could make Valencia the best destination for me, but it's clear that if Madrid sell players then my first option is them."

No comments: