Thursday, May 07, 2009

Gerrard: Reds Will Win Title


Steven Gerrard claims the current Liverpool side is too good not to claim the Premier League title in the near future.

The Reds captain still believes they can 'nick' the title this season, but more realistically reckons he will not have to wait long to lift the trophy.

"I honestly believe that this team will win the Premier League," Gerrard told the Daily Mail.

"I believe I'll get my hands on it. If I said, 'I don't think we're going to win it' what would be the point of carrying on?

"We're so close to doing it this season I believe we can still nick it.

"If we don't and United close it out, then we're going to have a right good go at it over the next three, four or five years and I believe we're too good not to win it.

"Winning the title with Liverpool would mean the world to me."

No comments: