Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rafa - Fergie Feeling Nervous


Rafa Benitez believes Sir Alex Ferguson is feeling 'nervous' as the Premier League title race hurtles towards a gripping climax.

Liverpool are breathing down Manchester United's necks at the top of the table having been galvanised by last month's 4-1 win at Old Trafford.

Benitez's side briefly dislodged United at the summit on Saturday after thrashing Blackburn Rovers 4-0 before the reigning champions laboured to a 2-1 win at Sunderland.

The rival managers have also been involved in a spot of verbal jousting, with Benitez and Ferguson questioning the motives for talking about each other.

But Liverpool chief Benitez says his United counterpart is trying to use his fabled mind games because he is feeling the pressure.

"Ferguson is always talking about us which shows they are really under pressure," said Benitez after Liverpool's win over Blackburn.

"I don't care, but I know he's nervous, so it's good. You can see he's under pressure."

Benitez added: "Mind games are against managers who are affected by them.

"I am focused just on my team before every single game. I don't see that what's said about my team will affect my team. I don't think so.

"Maybe once in every 10 times, but not every time. Anyway, I don't care. It doesn't matter.

"I prefer to talk about football, but sometimes you have to hit back."

No comments: