Monday, April 27, 2009

Liverpool's Finnish Forward Lauri Dalla Valle Has Feet On Ground

Lauri Dalla Valle is not getting carried away after spearheading Liverpool Youth team’s charge to the FA Youth Cup final.

The Finnish forward has played a key part in the run to the final, having scored seven times so far in the competition.

The 17-year-old scored twice against Birmingham in Friday night’s 3-1 semi-final second leg win. They added to the double he hit in the first leg as Liverpool triumphed 6-1 on aggregate to set up another two-legged tie with Arsenal.

The Kontiolahti-born youngster said: “To score two in the first leg and two in the second leg I am pleased. I am a striker, I try to score and I am scoring, so I am happy.

“I try to get in good positions to score goals, and it is going well. I will always try to do my best. It is easy for me to keep my feet on the ground. I am always like that. I always think I am Lauri.

“It was very easy to settle into the country because I have had many people to help me. It took a couple of months to settle down in the English game because it is much faster and more physical but it is going better now.

“I am waiting for the final now. It would mean a lot to win it because it would be my first trophy in England.”

No comments: