Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aston Villa Captain Barry Hints At Another Summer Tug Of War


Gareth Barry will assess his Aston Villa future at the end of the season, but has admitted he should have dealt with last summer's transfer saga differently.

The Villa and England midfielder was stripped of the captaincy and fined for trying to engineer to Liverpool, but insists he has learned from that chastening experience.

'I've learned a lot from what happened and last season I learned a lot off the pitch,' Barry told the Birmingham Mail. 'I'm looking for a completely opposite scale of things and I'm confident it won't be one of those sagas again.

'There are things I'll do differently. I'm not dreading it at all, I know what's coming. It's not something you dread, its part of the game. From the experience of last year I'm hoping to deal with it better.

'It would be disrespectful to the fans and the club if I'm thinking about anything else rather than trying to get maximum points from the last four games - that's where my head is at this moment.

'It will definitely be a difficult decision, but we'll see where we are at the end of the season before making any decision. It's always going to be a tough one, no matter what happens.'

No comments: