Monday, March 02, 2009

Reds Youngster Keen To Catch Rafa's Eye

Adam Hammill has his fingers crossed that his loan to Barnsley is nothing more than a stopgap in his Liverpool career.

Hammill was one of a number of Rafa Benitez’s youngsters to be farmed out on a temporary basis earlier in the season, playing for Blackpool 23 times.

Having briefly returned to Anfield, the 21-year-old was once again sent out on a quest for first-team football - to Oakwell.

Having made his first start for his temporary club this weekend, Hammill admits he has not yet thrown the towel in on his hopes of becoming more of a fixture under Benitez.

“I’m a red through and through,” he said in the Daily Star. “I signed a three-year deal in the summer so I’ve got two years when I go back. I think it shows Liverpool’s confidence in me.

“This is my third season out on loan in The Championship and this is another step in the right direction.

“I don’t get any feedback from Anfield but they obviously have scouts at games. I’ve played 70 Championship games but my dream is to play in front of the Kop.

“If that doesn’t happen, I’ve got to knuckle down wherever I go.”

No comments: