Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Andrea Dossena: I Will Discuss My Liverpool Future With Benitez


Andrea Dossena has certainly been a positive influence for Liverpool. In two substitute appearances against Real Madrid and Manchester United, he scored two well-taken goals, making his presence known at the club after an anonymous beginning to his career in England following his transfer from Udinese.

"After a difficult start, now I am doing well here,” he told UEFA’s official website. “I will discuss my future with [manager Rafael] Benitez and with the club - then we'll see.

"My goals in Madrid and Manchester? They are just rewards for the sacrifices I made during a difficult first season. It has not been easy to get into this team. However, I always trained hard, even in difficult times."

Despite his willingness to stay on with the Reds, the 27-year-old would not rule out a return to Italy.

"I have a three year contract and I'm fine,” he said. “Of course, I think about my own country, you can never say never.”

Dossena will be hoping for a call from Italian national team coach Marcello Lippi as he aims to be included in the squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers at the end of the month.

No comments: