Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Torres Improving Every Day


Fernando Torres believes his fitness is improving every day after suffering an injury-hit campaign with Liverpool.

The former Atletico Madrid ace had a blistering debut season in England, but this time around his progress has been consistently disrupted.

Torres showed his class with a late brace against Chelsea on Sunday after recently returning to action following his third injury of the season.

The 24-year-old has admitted he has struggled mentally in battling to overcome his knocks after being injury-free throughout his career to date.

"It's been a strange season for me because I have never really had injuries before and I have had three on the run," he explained.

"This has meant I have not always felt 100 per cent - but now I am feeling very good and every day I am feeling better.

"Now I just want to look ahead because there is still a lot to play for this season and hopefully I can play my part.

"Beating Chelsea was a great confidence-booster for us."

The Reds' win over Luiz Felipe Scolari's side ensured they stay hot on Manchester United's heels and Torres says all is not lost despite drawing three of their last four league outings.

"It's a very long title race," he continued. "We know that United are at the top of the table at the moment, but we have time and are going to fight until the end."

No comments: