Friday, January 02, 2009

Pennant Will Battle For His Anfield Future - But Only If The Move To Madrid Falls Flat


Liverpool striker Jermaine Pennant has said he will stay and fight for a place at the Anfield club if a move to Real Madrid falls through.

The mercurial winger, 25, will be a free agent in the summer and and the Spanish giants are keen to bring him to the Bernabeu for £3million in the transfer window.

The ex-Arsenal hitman insists the Bernebeu switch would be the only thing that could lure him away from Liverpool.

He said: 'Real Madrid are a great club, so are Liverpool. I am not sure of the situation now.

'I am flattered that a club as huge as Real have shown interest in me, so we will have to see.

'I haven't spoken to anybody all these weeks because I wanted to focus on my game, on training hard to convince the manager he can count on me.

'I cannot imagine playing for another Premier League team after Liverpool.'

No comments: