Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Itandje Desperate To Quit


Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje is desperate to leave Anfield.

The Reds' No.1 has never played a Premier League game since joining from Lens in 2007.

He has played in a handful of cup games, but he clearly has little future at Anfield.

Itandje is hopeful of finding a move soon, but is not sure if he will be able to leave before the transfer window closes.

"Do I want to leave? That is very clear," he told Aujourd'hui Sport.

"I want to get away from here.

"I got the green light from my officials but they have set amazing conditions. One or two clubs wanted me on loan this winter, but Liverpool refused asking for a definitive transfer.

"I have not played for six months so it is difficult to understand.

"I have never played a single Premier League match. And this season I didn't play in the cups either. Last season I had two bad matches in the cup."

Itandje revealed that Middlesbrough tried to sign him last summer, but the deal was not agreed.

"Last summer Middlesbrough wanted to sign me on loan and a few French clubs contacted me, but Liverpool refused.

"The officials absolutely wanted me to go to Galatasaray. Finally both clubs could not find any agreement and the deal fell through. So I found myself here against my will, just to train."

No comments: