Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Daniel Agger Keen To Stay At Anfield

Daniel Agger has reiterated his desire to stay at Liverpool – but admits there remains a possibility he may move away from Anfield.

Talks are still continuing over a new contract for the Denmark international, whose present deal has 18 months remaining.

Agger was sidelined for almost 12 months with a metatarsal problem and, after returning to full fitness in the summer, struggled to regain his place in the starting line-up before Martin Skrtel suffered a knee injury in October.

Agger had expressed his frustration at being on the sidelines, with reports in his homeland hinting the 24-year-old was considering buying out his contract.

It led to speculation both Real Madrid and AC Milan are considering making a bid for the centre-back in the forthcoming January transfer window.

And when asked if he will stay at Anfield, Agger said: “I hope so. I don’t know what the hold-up is. I let the club do the talking and I will try and do mine on the pitch.

“I am trying to improve. I feel it is getting better and better in every game. I am feeling more comfortable and trying to improve in every game.

“Of course I want to stay if it is possible.

“As I say, the club is dealing with my contract talks and we will take it from there.”

No comments: