Sunday, November 09, 2008

Torres: I'd Return To Atletico


Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has not ruled out the possibility of returning to former club Atletico Madrid and complete some unfinished business, but he insists it will not happen any time soon.

Torres earned legendary status at Atletico before moving to Liverpool in 2007.

The 24-year-old Spain international said it was the right time to leave, but he would love to wear the red and white of Atletico again.

"I hope to experience many things still, but for me it is an exceptional club," said Torres.

"I don't know if I will retire there, but I would like to go back and finish some things that are left to do.

"When I was there I couldn't do any more, but I would like to go back."

He added: "Right now I have no plans to leave England. Not to Spain, not to Italy, not to another English club."

Torres has taken the Premier League by storm since leaving his homeland, scoring 33 goals in all competitions during his first season at Anfield.

That has put him in the running to win the Ballon d'Or as the European player of the year, although he does not believe he has much chance of taking that award.

"No. There is a clear favourite. I think there have been very few years when there has been someone who has done so much to deserve the award as Cristiano Ronaldo did last season," Torres added.

No comments: