Saturday, November 29, 2008

Skrtel Set For December Return


Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel hopes to return from his knee ligament injury in December.

The centre-back sustained the serious problem in the Premier League victory at Manchester City in October after becoming a permanent fixture in the Reds first-team.

However, the Slovakia international now expects to be fully recovered in time to help Liverpool through the hectic festive period fixture list.

"I hope I will be back in action next month, hopefully in the middle of next month," Skrtel told the club's official website. "But I will have to be guided by the medical team at Liverpool.

"I have been lucky because I could have been facing eight or nine months out of the game.

"It's the worst injury of my career, but if I play for the next 10 years, I am sure I might have one worse."

The no-nonsense 23-year-old is also confident that he will return to his best form as Liverpool chase the league title.

"I will be the same player when I am fully fit again," he added.

"I will make tackles like I always have and will stand up physically to the challenges that I face.

"It will take me a few games to get back to the level that I was at before the injury, which is only natural.

"But I won't be a different player when I come back - I won't allow that to happen."

No comments: