Monday, November 17, 2008

Philipp Degen Devastated By Liverpool Injury Setback

Jinxed Liverpool star Philipp Degen has opened his heart on his injury hell - admitting he has never felt worse.

Swiss right-back Degen, a summer signing from Borussia Dortmund, has previously been sidelined with ligament, groin and lung injuries. He made his first-team comeback in the 4-2 Carling Cup defeat at Spurs on Wednesday, only to break a bone in his foot.

"This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me," said Degen, 25. "I simply burst into tears in the dressing-room. Tottenham's Gareth Bale made a bad challenge on me, and I did not even get a penalty.

"But the bone in my foot is torn apart, and I will be out another four to six weeks. It is the saddest event of my life - I keep asking myself if I did something wrong in a past life."

No comments: