Thursday, November 06, 2008

Liverpool's Skrtel Will Not Be Rushed Back


Liverpool's Slovak defender Martin Skrtel has stated that his rehabilitation is going to plan but he won't be rushed into making a premature comeback.

Martin Skrtel is progressing well following the knee injury he picked up against Manchester City last month in an awkward fall. The defender is apparently very close to a comeback, but he will not set a definite date for his return.

He said: "Already before the check-up I felt much better than before, the leg almost did not hurt at all. I even did special exercises in training on the knee.

"The doctor told me that he was very satisfied with how the treatment had gone so far and told me I could be satisfied too.

"I can already walk without crutches but for the next two weeks I have to wear a special orthosis."

Despite the positive news, the player insists that he will not play until he feels that his knee is completely healed and 100% strong enough to cope with the demands of the Premier League.

He said: "The doctor explained some new exercises to me and we have not discussed the date of return yet. Anyway, I cannot nor do I want to rush anything.

"First, I must wait for the leg to be ready 100% and only then I can return."

He also stated that even with the injury, his training schedule has not been that different from his usual pattern, despite the treatment on his knee.

"Every day I go to the training centre in Melwood. For an hour I do special exercises, then I am spending one hour in the gym, then the pool and then various massages.

"Otherwise it does not differ much from the schedule I have when I am fit. I have a normal training, then I am spending time with my girlfriend and my family, who are here, and so on."

No comments: