Thursday, November 13, 2008

Liverpool FC Target Admits To Wanting To Play In Liverpool


Portugal winger Simao Sabrosa has revealed his long-term goal is still to play in England.

Simao looked close to joining Liverpool from Benfica in 2005, but that switch fell through and he ended up moving to Atletico Madrid two years later in a transfer reportedly worth around 20 million euros (£13.4million).

The 29-year-old insists he is “very happy” at Atletico, but admits his ambition is to move to the Premier League in the future.

“I signed a four-year contract. I have two more left (after this) and, if I complete them, I will do it happily, but I still have the dream of playing in England,” he said on Portuguese television channel Sic Noticias.

“I’m attracted to the style of play there and their stadiums.”

No comments: