Sunday, November 02, 2008

Heskey Set To Leave Wigan In Summer? Liverpool, Spurs & Aston Villa Linked

Emile Heskey has revealed that he is ambitious to win silverware and as such suggested that he is ready to leave Wigan Athletic, while Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa have been linked with the England striker.

The 30-year-old former Leicester City and Birmingham City star had a trophy-laden spell at Liverpool earlier in his career, and is now keen to add to his medals.

Heskey told the Daily Telegraph: "Am I ambitious? Playing football, you've got to be.

"I've won trophies, played at the highest level, won the Uefa Cup, the FA Cup, league cups and the Super Cup with Liverpool.

"That's why you come into football. But I want to win more."

He also revealed that he will consider his options in the summer as fair bit of interest is generated in the powerful forward following his recent performances that were inspiring for Three Lions as well as the Latics.

"At this stage of my career, I’ll sit down in the summer and sit down and think. Until then I'm just concentrating on getting things right at Wigan," he added.

No comments: