Monday, October 06, 2008

Torres Is Priceless - Benitez


Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez insists Fernando Torres is not for sale at any price and that he would not swap the Spaniard for anyone.

Benitez is a huge admirer of Torres and believes the striker is currently among the best players in the world.

Torres enjoyed a sensational debut season at Anfield last term netting 33 goals in all competitions and he carried that form into Euro 2008 helping Spain win the trophy in the summer.

Cash-rich Manchester City have been credited with an interest in signing Torres, but Benitez insists the former Atletico Madrid ace is 'unbuyable.'

"I do not want to put a price on him because people will want to think I want to sell him and that is not the case, so I will not say any price," Benitez is quoted as saying in the News of the World.

"I'm sure all the players have a value but not Torres. He is priceless to us. He is unbuyable.

"I would not want to swap Fernando with anyone else in the world because he is my player and I'm very pleased with him.

"There are good players in Europe and all the way around the world, but better than Torres? No."

Benitez is confident there is more to come from Torres and has tipped him to become even better in the future.

"Torres is very clever, but he is still young - he will get better," added Benitez.

"When he was at Atletico Madrid he was on his own up front. He was going to the wide areas too much.

"I felt he had to be closer to the box and he has worked on that. It makes him more dangerous."

No comments: