Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Riera Keen To Maintain Momentum


Liverpool winger Albert Riera is confident the Reds can maintain their early-season momentum following Sunday's win over Chelsea.

Reira told BBC Radio Merseyside: "Chelsea was a massive game and it was important for us and our supporters.

"Now we are unbeaten and are strong like Chelsea.

"People know we want to continue at the top and it will be difficult to beat us," the 26-year-old Spain international said.

Reira has been a regular in Rafa Benitez's side since joining from Espanyol in the close-season and has featured in their victories over Everton, Manchester United and Chelsea this season.

But he is refusing to get carried away with his promising start to life at Anfield.

"I think always you can be better, this is the thing I have in my mind now," he said.

"The best way to progress is to think 'I can be better and I can help the team more.'

"I can progress a little more but when you win you can be happy," he added.

No comments: