Saturday, October 04, 2008

Keane Says Leaving Spurs Was Right Decision

Liverpool striker Robbie Keane says he was correct in leaving the lily whites to join the Reds this summer.

Robbie Keane who so often found the net for Tottenham Hotspur joined Liverpool in a £20million over the summer but only opened his Red account in 'Pool's midweek Champions League clash over PSV.

The Republic of Ireland international claims he was right in leaving Spurs to further his career and challenge for top honours. While Tottenham are languishing at the foot of the table with only two points, Liverpool are flourishing near the head; are undefeated; and have already enjoyed derby day and Manchester United victories.

Keane told the club's official website: "I knew I was making the right move, I always knew it was right for me. This is why I came to Liverpool... to challenge for the big honours."

"Since I've come here everyone at the whole club has been great to me. The fans have been fantastic and hopefully I've paid them back a little bit now," he said reflecting on his first goal.

"It's nice to get the first one out of the way because it stops people talking about it. That's been the annoying thing because as a player I don't worry about it."

"I know I'll score goals and I don't get myself down about it when it doesn't happen. But now I'm getting more confident every game and I know more goals will come."

No comments: