Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Left Liverpool For Juve, Not For Benitez Problems - Sissoko


Juventus midfielder Momo Sissoko admits he never had any problems with Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez and he left the club because it was his dream to join Juventus and not because he didn't get along with everyone at Anfield.

The Mali international signed for the Old Lady in January in a €13m deal and his good performances since then saw him rewarded with a contract extension.

His move from Liverpool was not all smooth though, as speculation was rife that he left on bad terms.

However, Sissoko has now rubbished the rumours and he has set the record straight.

"It's not true that I left Liverpool because I had problems with the coach or because I didn't play much," Sissoko told Calcio 2000.

"I never had problems with Benitez. I have a great relationship with him and he still calls me to see how I get on.

"Juve was a choice from me. I have always admired the Bianconeri since I was young and I remember Zinedine Zidane when he played here. I fell in love with Juve then.

"I always new this was a great club and that it would get back to great levels. Juve have the will to win and never give up.

"I think we are stronger than last year as a result of the new players who came in and we have a more complete and robust squad. Poulsen? He is great and I have never played in a team with four great strikers like we have here."

Sissoko also believes Juve are stronger than bitter rivals Inter, despite the poor start to the season.

"On paper we are stronger than Inter but then things have been different on the pitch," added the midfielder.

"The Champions League? I won it with Liverpool and now I want to win it with Juventus."

The midfielder has established himself well with the Bianconeri but he has looked a little shaky at times this term.

The Old Lady has been struggling so far and a good result against Napoli on Saturday is the minimum neccessary to get their Scudetto hunt back up and running.

No comments: