Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heskey 'Would Love' Return To Anfield

Wigan Athletic and England forward Emile Heskey has admitted he would love to play for Liverpool again.

The powerful striker had a spell at Anfield after signing for the Merseyside giants from Leicester City and yesterday admitted he was targeting a return to a Champions League club.

And after being linked with a return to Liverpool today, Heskey, who was capped for the fiftieth time on Wednesday, stated it would be lovely to re-join the club he made 100 appearances for.

“A move to Liverpool would be lovely. Who knows what will come around,” he told BBC Radio Five Live.

“Everyone wants to play in Europe at the highest level.”

Heskey continued: “Everyone knows that I’m in the last year of my contract so speculation is bound to happen. You just have to take it with a pinch of salt and carry on playing.

"I am just going to keep my options open and give my all for Wigan. In my position I can afford to do that. I've been putting in some good performances and people appreciate that."

Heskey has impressed since being re-called to the England side, helping Fabio Capello’s men to record four straight World Cup qualifying victories.

No comments: